Aunty Hui and Uncle Colly gets married!
Today Aunty Hui and Uncle Colly got married! And I got to be involved in the day by being one of the flower girls!
We all wore this really gorgeous outfit which was this cream dress, and a nice pink sash and funky brooch! Mummy and Daddy even took me shopping weeks earlier to get a nice pair of red shoes for the occasion!
We all looked great in our matching outfits, and nobody even noticed that I had a slightly higher fringe than normal seeing Daddy was trying to be a hero a week back and try and cut my hair himself... Nai Nai cut half of my fringe one day, and seeing I was grumpy she was going to finish it off the next day, but Daddy trying to be the Mr Fix-It person that he is tried to even it up with amusing results... well, amusing for me, but Mummy freaked out at Daddy! I guess he won't be trying that again for a while... or ever again! *tee hee*
It was a lovely day for an outdoor wedding, and our prayers must have been answered as all week it was cold, wet and dreary... but I think we must have prayed too hard seeing it was so hot, and even Uncle Colly was sweating during the ceremony... although Daddy seems to think it was due to the pressure instead... :)
I was a bit nervous about the whole flower girl thing, and the fact that we missed the rehearsal a couple of days ago, so I'll be unprepared... I just have to remember... walk next to Cousin Jia Jia, throw petals on the ground, and don't fall over! When the ceremony started, I forgot all that I was told, I had to be carried up to the top of the steps to start walking, and I held Cousin Jia Jia's hand, and decided it was a good time to dance and twirl around her... everyone seems to think that it was good fun as they were all laughing, but I don't think Cousin Jia Jia was too impressed as she was really looking forward to doing it properly... sorry!
My favorite bit of the ceremony was when they were all blowing bubbles after they were officially married! There were hundreds and hundreds of bubbles, and I couldn't help myself so I just ran around the lawn in circles yelling out "Bubbles! Bubbles!" trying to chase after them! *hee hee* It was such great fun!
The dinner reception that night was also a real treat for me as I had chicken nuggets and chips for dinner, ice-cream for dessert, and I was allowed to stay up past my usual bed time, and I spent most of the time chasing after more bubbles and dancing on the dance floor until I was exhausted!
What a day! Congratulations Aunty Hui and Uncle Colly! Hope you guys have kids soon so that I'm no longer the youngest in the family and I've got someone littler than me to play with!
We all wore this really gorgeous outfit which was this cream dress, and a nice pink sash and funky brooch! Mummy and Daddy even took me shopping weeks earlier to get a nice pair of red shoes for the occasion!
We all looked great in our matching outfits, and nobody even noticed that I had a slightly higher fringe than normal seeing Daddy was trying to be a hero a week back and try and cut my hair himself... Nai Nai cut half of my fringe one day, and seeing I was grumpy she was going to finish it off the next day, but Daddy trying to be the Mr Fix-It person that he is tried to even it up with amusing results... well, amusing for me, but Mummy freaked out at Daddy! I guess he won't be trying that again for a while... or ever again! *tee hee*
It was a lovely day for an outdoor wedding, and our prayers must have been answered as all week it was cold, wet and dreary... but I think we must have prayed too hard seeing it was so hot, and even Uncle Colly was sweating during the ceremony... although Daddy seems to think it was due to the pressure instead... :)
I was a bit nervous about the whole flower girl thing, and the fact that we missed the rehearsal a couple of days ago, so I'll be unprepared... I just have to remember... walk next to Cousin Jia Jia, throw petals on the ground, and don't fall over! When the ceremony started, I forgot all that I was told, I had to be carried up to the top of the steps to start walking, and I held Cousin Jia Jia's hand, and decided it was a good time to dance and twirl around her... everyone seems to think that it was good fun as they were all laughing, but I don't think Cousin Jia Jia was too impressed as she was really looking forward to doing it properly... sorry!
My favorite bit of the ceremony was when they were all blowing bubbles after they were officially married! There were hundreds and hundreds of bubbles, and I couldn't help myself so I just ran around the lawn in circles yelling out "Bubbles! Bubbles!" trying to chase after them! *hee hee* It was such great fun!
The dinner reception that night was also a real treat for me as I had chicken nuggets and chips for dinner, ice-cream for dessert, and I was allowed to stay up past my usual bed time, and I spent most of the time chasing after more bubbles and dancing on the dance floor until I was exhausted!
What a day! Congratulations Aunty Hui and Uncle Colly! Hope you guys have kids soon so that I'm no longer the youngest in the family and I've got someone littler than me to play with!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home